Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keeping up with Costco

Ok, getting back on track. Really wanted to review at least one product a day. Plan thwarted by 1 month old not sleeping more than an hour and a half at time for five nights straight - was walking zombie at best! But baby sleeping better now and I am rejoining the world with renewed goals and dreams, including my very important Costco diaries!

First up, a visit down the condiment aisle.


A1 sauce in 33oz bottle is available for...



A pretty good deal. We go through a lot of A1 at this house. The DH is a big sauce on steak guy and it's great in marinades. A
10oz bottle goes for $4.25 ($.425/oz) at Safeway so you are saving about 16 cents/oz by buying at Costco.



Next up French's Mustard. Have you seen their commercials lately? Apparently you can cook any gourmet meal in minutes by adding mustard - I'm in!!







Let's see $4.58 for 2 30oz bottles. At Safeway a 14oz bottle is $1.99, so almost a 7 cents/oz savings.


Hmmmm this per oz savings doesn't mean as much to me as these factors. Is it worth having a larger amount, and more importantly do I have the space for it?! We have a decent pantry but a small refrigerator. So for items like mustard where the extra one can be stored in the pantry. And considering my 2 year olds current affinity with dipping everything in mustard, it's a definite buy for me. But a restaurant sized amount like this:



I'm leaving on the shelf, even if it does give an extra 4 cents savings per ounce.


More from the condiment aisle tomorrow! And we'll review the food items from the latest coupon book before they expire!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment